The game has been out for only a short time, and we now have details on what songs are missing from the 1.93 GB Rock Band 2 export. For the $9.99 export fee, we get all the songs EXCEPT:
- AC/DC – Let There Be Rock
- Journey – Any Way You Want It
- Metallica – Battery
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – Give It Away
- Soundgarden – Spoonman
Also currently missing in the export are the nine songs from Harmonix bands (see specific songs below). Do not fear! I talked with someone at Harmonix and these songs will be coming in the future as part of a FREE DLC pack.
- Abnormality – Visions
- Anarchy Club – Get Clean
- Bang Camaro – Night Lies
- Breaking Wheel – Shoulder to the Plow
- Libyans – Welcome to the Neighborhood
- The Main Drag – A Jagged Gorgeous Winter
- Speck – Conventional Lover
- The Sterns – Supreme Girl
- That Handsome Devil – Rob the Prez-O-Dent
NOTE: The code from the back of your Rock Band 2 manual is required to obtain the export. If you do not have this, please go to support.ea.com. They should be able to help you get a new code. Use the replacement code from EA directly to the Main Menu in the instructions below.
Xbox 360 Export
The export is now live, and is accessible by entering the 16 character code from the back of your Rock Band 2 manual in the “Redeem Code” area of the “Get More Songs” section of Rock Band 3. (If you receive an error, try the process again later, as there are LOTS of people trying to get this to work at the same time.) You will need to make sure you are signed in and connected to Xbox Live. If you have a 25 digit code, you probably have a copy from outside of your geographical location and will have to wait until the export mechanism goes live in your country.
The export process will go live sometime after 4:00 PM (Eastern), once the PSN Store has been updated.
- Visit rockband.com/ps3-export
- When prompted, enter the code from the back of your Rock Band 2 manual
- Copy down the new code that the website gives you
- In Rock Band 3, go to “Get More Songs” in the Main Menu
- Select “Redeem Code”
- Enter the code you received from the website
Similar to the PS3, the export process will go live once the Nintendo Store has been updated (and is something that Harmonix cannot control).
- If you’ve played Rock Band 2 on your Wii, Rock Band 3 will automatically detect your Rock Band 2 Save Data.
- Go to “Get More Songs” from the Main Menu in Rock Band 3.
- Go to “Redeem Code”
- Select “Previously Redeemed Code”
- Select “Rock Band 2 Export Pack” (you’ll be prompted to pay 1,000 Wii Points)
- Your export will take several minutes to complete. You can also select which specific tracks you’d like to export.