Harmonix announced earlier today that they will be releasing a Country Track Pack for Rock Band on July 21st for the Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, and Wii. The disc-based standalone product will be sold in stores, as well as purchased and downloaded online.
“Rock Band loves country music too, and these tracks are among the most fun to play of any we’ve released to date,” said Paul DeGooyer, Senior Vice President of Electronic Games & Music for MTV Networks Music Group. “We’ve received a ton of requests from fans to bring more country to the game, and our artist partners responded. We’re very excited to be able to offer this set, featuring some of the greatest songs ever recorded.”
First confirmed songs:
1. Alan Jackson – Good Time (Youtube) (iTunes)
2. Brooks & Dunn – Hillbilly Deluxe (Youtube) (iTunes)
3. Dierks Bentley – Free & Easy (Down the Road I Go) (Youtube) (iTunes)
4. Dixie Chicks – Sin Wagon (Youtube) (iTunes)
5. Drive-By Truckers – 3 Dimes Down (Youtube) (iTunes)
6. Jason Aldean – She’s Country (Youtube) (iTunes)
7. Kenny Chesney – She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy (Youtube) (iTunes)
8. Kenny Rogers – The Gambler (Youtube) (iTunes)
9. Lucinda Williams – Can’t Let Go (Youtube) (iTunes)
10. Martina McBride – This One’s For the Girls (Youtube) (iTunes)
11. Rascal Flatts – Me and My Gang (Youtube) (iTunes)
12. Shania Twain – Any Man of Mine (Youtube) (iTunes)
13. Steve Earle – Satellite Radio (Youtube) (iTunes)
Many of the tracks will be exclusive to the Rock Band Country Track Pack disc for a limited time before joining the Rock Band Music Store as downloadable content. Additional artists and songs from the track list will be announced in the coming months.
Price: $29.99 MSRP
Here is the first look at the The Beatles: Rock Band Höfner bass controller, a large-scale replica of the bass famously used by Sir Paul McCartney. As previously announced, the Höfner bass wireless instrument controller will be included in The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition Premium Bundle and joins The Rickenbacker 325 and Gretsch Duo Jet as the signature, featured guitar instruments available for The Beatles: Rock Band. These controllers will be available for Xbox 360®, PLAYSTATION® 3, Wii™ and will be compatible with all Rock Band titles.
Full details can be found here, but Harmonix is reaching out to fans to vote on filling out a track listing of LIVE Pearl Jam tracks for a newly released, as of yet untitled project. I’ve only seen them once in concert (they OPENED for Tom Petty, never thought that would happen), but they obviously rocked! What do you think; what should make the cut?
According to a story on Joystiq, apparently resumes have been discovered of two individuals who worked on separately named projects at Harmonix titled “Hip Hop DJ” and “M2 Hip Hop” in 2005. Current speculation suggests Harmonix is no longer actively working on this.
Happened to stop by a Kohl’s department store today and noticed these. Had to buy them of course. I’m not one to wear video game shirts or boxers, but I bought these pretty quickly. Will probably try and rock it tonight!
I’ve got a little over 1,600 followers on Twitter right now, so I was thinking about giving away this shirt to one of my followers once I reach 2,000. Thoughts?