Hot off the release of the RBN Megamix, Rose of Jericho has shown that they have what it takes to be Rock Band Network superstars. They already have 4 songs available from the RBN store (Beautiful Machine, Buried Cold, Take Me Away, Wrong Side of the Sky) with plans to release more from their upcoming album, Out of the Maze.
The full interview reveals details about the band such as where the band name came from, sources of song inspiration for both lyrics and music, and how they ended up in the Rock Band Network.
The Interview[audio:http://rockbandaide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Rose_of_Jericho_Interview1.mp3|titles=Rose of Jericho Interview (26:18)]
Background Tracks in Order of Appearance
- 00:00 – 04:10 Signed with Love (Out of the Maze)
- 04:10 – 08:00 Wrong Side of the Sky (These City Lights)
- 08:00 – 10:20 Buried Cold (These City Lights)
- 10:20 – 12:30 Romancing the Ordinary (Out of the Maze)
- 12:30 – 17:10 Midnight Eyes (Out of the Maze)
- 17:10 – 20:55 Beautiful Machine (Out of the Maze)
- 20:55 – 26:18 Find Beauty (Out of the Maze)
I had a great time talking with Matt and Andrea! Many thanks to them both for spending time with me and answering our questions.
If you’d like to know more about Rose of Jericho, be sure to check out their Official Site, YouTube, Twitter, and RBN Profile. They have 2 songs in RBN playtest right now (Midnight Eyes and Signed With Love), so if you’re a creator, I’m sure they would appreciate the reviews and feedback!
Check out their video blogs and additional band photos after the jump!
A poster from ScoreHero has posted that VH1 may have leaked some future DLC that is sure to get some of the college crowd all riled up. According to user “stumper93,” during a special (VH1’s “100 Greatest Artists” to be precise), while discussing Bob Marley, they claimed that his full greatest hits album with The Wailers, Legend, will be available for Rock Band on September 21st.
As with any rumor, take this with a grain of salt, but for those that are psyched to hear this, check out the full track listing below and let us know what you think!
- Is This Love
- No Woman No Cry
- Could You Be Loved
- Three Little Birds
- Buffalo Soldier
- Get Up Stand Up (Already on Rock Band 3)
- Stir It Up
- Easy Skanking
- One Love/People Get Ready
- I Shot the Sheriff
- Waiting in Vain
- Redemption Song
- Satisfy My Soul
- Punky Reggae Party
Since all the consoles now have the RBN, I’ve included the console on the RBN posts to make sure people know what system the specific songs are hitting.
- 22-20s – Latest Heartbreak (160 MSP)
- Firewind – World on Fire (160 MSP)
- Stagehands – Welcome to Our Town (80 MSP)
- Terrorhorse – Modern Mathematics (80 MSP)
- The New Pornographers – Your Hands (Together) (160 MSP)
Looks like RBN DLC is now on all systems, and the Wii seems to be getting a larger quantity of songs, probably as a “catch up” to mirror the selections offered on the PS3. Here are the RBN tracks available next week for both systems:
All tracks are $1.99 unless noted.
- Asking Alexandria – “The Final Episode (Let’s Change the Channel)”
- Bang Camaro – “Nightlife Commando”
- Bang Camaro – “Swallow the Razor” *
- Jonathan Coulton – “Shop Vac”
- Quartered – “Africa” *
- Five Finger Death Punch – “Hard to See”
- Bang Camaro – “Bang Camaro”
- Sunny Day Real Estate – “Seven”
- Every Avenue – “Where Were You?”
- Let’s Get It – “Do Not Disturb (Tell Me How Bad)” *
- Blackmarket – “Tongue Twister Typo” *
- A Day to Remember – “I’m Made of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?”
- Seether – “Remedy”
- Mayday Parade – “When I Get Home You’re So Dead” **
- Between the Buried and Me – “Mordecai”
* Track is $.99
** Track is $2.99
Several weeks ago, a rumor came out that we would be seeing Linkin Park DLC to coincide with the release of their newest album, on September 14. Later on, the same source claimed that the DLC was no longer happening. Instead, @HMXHenry has been teasing that next week’s DLC is “the craziest pairing of artists yet. More so than Disturbed / Buffet and Slipknot / Simon & Garfunkel IMO. STOKED.” Why don’t we check out what’s in store for next week now, hmm?
- Dio – “Holy Diver” *
- Dio – “Stand Up and Shout” *
- Juliana Hatfield – “Nirvana”
- Morrissey – “Irish Blood, English Heart”
- Silverchair – “Straight Lines”
- The Smiths – “This Charming Man” *
- Underoath – “Writing on the Walls”
* Denotes Family Friendly track compatible with LEGO Rock Band
Today is the first birthday of The Beatles: Rock Band, which hit store shelves on 9/9/09. Even though no additional Beatles DLC is planned (but never say never), the game still gets an occasional playthrough by me as ITFB. (If you’re not familiar with this acronym, I= It’s, T= the, and B = Beatles… you figure the rest out.) While the game itself featured 45 songs, DLC added another 29 songs, for a total of 74. I have a feeling there will be a few people playing this game online today. Why not toss the game in today and play around with all the other Beatles and Rock Band fans?
More details in the RockBand.com thread here.