I had heard rumblings of this on the Twitterverse, but didn’t see anything more substantive until RBA reader Frank sent me a link to a posting with some of the details. No parking signs were put up in the DUMBO (Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass) district of New York City. Filming was scheduled to last just under 24 hours.
One can reasonably assume that the commercial will follow in the vein of previous live-action television spots, but feature a theme that mirrors the official box art.
[DumboNYC.com via Frank, thanks!]
Here’s a couple quick vids to kickoff your weekend that show off more of the characters and non-highway action for Rock Band 3’s Career Mode, as well as a good hands-on impression from someone that’s been playing Pro-Guitar for a little bit. Enjoy!
[Link to Gamespot… their embedding is terrible.]
Harmonix solicited the community for questions for Rock Band 3 earlier this week to address with the hardware and software devs in the podcast. Just a short time ago, the podcast went live, so you’ll be able to give it a listen. While the two biggest unanswered questions, Rock Band 2 export details and Squier pricing/availability, remain as such for now, but there were a few smaller items that we learned.
- Lefty Mode on the Squier doesn’t need to be restrung to play in Rock Band 3, but if you want to play it in real life, you will need to restring. (First question on the podcast.)
- Bends are not included in Rock Band 3. The software can detect them in some fashion, but since the Mustang cannot perform bends, it is not utilized in game.
- Similar with the use of capos. While technically possible to some extent, it is not used in Rock Band 3.
- John Drake re-iterated that existing DLC will have no additional features outside of Pro-Drums (all songs) and Harmonies (Green Day tracks only).
- Also re-confirmed was the lack of a “super bundle” or “all instrument bundle.”
- Finally, The Doors’ song on Rock Band 3 WILL have the “She get high…” part uncensored.
You can hear the podcast in its entirety over at RockBand.com.
- All Time Low – “Walls”
- Amberian Dawn – “River of Tuoni”
- Creed – “Higher”
- The Devil Wears Prada – “HTML Rulez D00d”
- Finger Eleven – “Paralyzer”
- Flogging Molly – “Requiem for a Dying Song”
- iwrestledabearonce – “Tastes Like Kevin Bacon”
- MC Frontalot – “Goth Girls”
- Third Eye Blind – “Jumper ’09”
Looks like Rock Band is making a pre-emptive strike against its metal-heavy rhythm gaming counterpart’s new release next week, as some new and old metal is announced early for release next week.
- 30 Seconds to Mars – “Closer to the Edge” +
- Anthrax – “Among the Living”
- Anthrax – “I’m the Man”
- Anthrax – “Indians” +
- Anthrax – “Madhouse (Live)” +
- Anthrax – “Metal Thrashing Mad (Live)” +
- Atreyu – “Coffin Nails”
- Buckcherry – “Out of Line”
- The Doobie Brothers – “Listen to the Music” +
- The Doobie Brothers – “Long Train Runnin'” +
- My Chemical Romance – “I’m Not Okay (I Promise)”
- My Chemical Romance – “Welcome to the Black Parade”
+ Denotes Family Friendly track compatible with LEGO Rock Band.