Hold on to your hats folks… here’s the first look at in-game footage of Rock Band 3.
For the keyBOARD (not keytar… although there is a handle), green, red, blue, yellow or orange keys flow on a “stream” representing the notes to be played on five corresponding keyboard keys. In a new authentic Pro mode meant to help players segue to actual instruments, all 25 keys are used; the streams shifts left and right to cover the correct keys. The keyboard also works as a MIDI keyboard that can be connected to a computer.
“This is a real instrument and a real device,” says senior designer Sylvain Dubrofsky.
In addition to the new keyboard controller, also due for the game’s release are two advanced guitar controllers that take advantage of the Pro mode, one a full-sized, fully functional Fender guitar (all sold separately, no prices yet).
Other Rock Band 3 advances: improved animations, refined gameplay features — players can drop in and out of games, or change instruments and difficulty settings on the fly without stopping songs — and a easier-to-use song menu.
Of the 83 song setlist, the songs CONFIRMED for Rock Band 3 already include:
- Dio – Rainbow in the Dark
- Huey Lewis and the News – The Power of Love
- Ida Maria – Oh My God
- Jane’s Addiction – Been Caught Stealing
- Jimi Hendrix – Crosstown Traffic
- Joan Jett – I Love Rock and Roll
- Juanes – Me Enamora
- Metric – Combat Baby
- Night Ranger – Sister Christian
- Ozzy Osbourne – Crazy Train
- Phoenix – Lasso
- Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
- Rilo Kiley – Portions of Foxes
- Smash Mouth – Walkin’ on the Sun
- Spacehog – In the Meantime
- Stone Temple Pilots – Plush
- The Cure – Just Like Heaven
- The Doors – Break On Through
- The Vines – Get Free
- The White Stripes – The Hardest Button to Button
- Them Crooked Vultures – Dead End Friends
- Whitesnake – Here I Go Again
OK, now check out the video of Rock Band 3 in action…
And here’s the current setlist as announced for your listening pleasure: