Xbox 360 AND PS3 DLC Sale: Cash, Orbison, Country Packs

It seems like we just had a discount on DLC packs a few weeks ago, but this time country music fans are getting some love. Up for sale for (although apparently NOT the Xbox Live Deal of the Week) to Xbox Live Gold members are nearly ALL the country packs (with the exception of Toby Keith), and are listed out below…

UPDATE: Thanks to @SteveMightSay, it appears that this DLC sale is also live on the PS3. (Confirmed here.) Anyone on the Wii want to check to see if this promo is a hat-trick?

Alt Country Pack 01 680 MSP ($8.49) 440 MSP ($5.49)

• Steve Earle – Satellite Radio
  • Lucinda Williams – Can’t Let Go
  • Drive-By Truckers – 3 Dimes Down
  • Old 97’s – Time Bomb (Live)
  • Neko Case – People Got a Lotta Nerve

Going Country Pack 01 680 MSP ($8.49) 440 MSP ($5.49)

• Brad Paisley – Mud on the Tires
  • Brooks & Dunn – Hillbilly Deluxe
  • Dierks Bentley – Free and Easy
  • Dixie Chicks – Sin Wagon
  • Miranda Lambert – Gunpowder & Lead

Going Country Pack 02 880 MSP ($10.99) 600 MSP ($7.49)

• Alan Jackson – Good Time
  • Cross Canadian Ragweed – Cry Lonely
  • Jason Aldean – She’s Country
  • Keith Urban – I Told You So
  • Kenny Rogers – The Gambler
  • Martina McBride – This One’s For the Girls
  • Shania Twain – Any Man of Mine

Going Country Pack 03 800 MSP ($9.99) 520 MSP ($6.49)

• Kenny Chesney – She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy
  • Montgomery Gentry – Gone
  • Rascal Flatts – Me and My Gang
  • Sara Evans – Suds in the Bucket
  • Trace Adkins – Swing
  • Willie Nelson – On the Road Again

Johnny Cash Pack 01 1080 ($13.49) 720 MSP ($8.99)

• Cry, Cry, Cry
  • Don’t Take Your Guns to Town
  • Five Feet High and Rising
  • Folsom Prison Blues
  • I Got Stripes
  • I Walk the Line
  • Tennessee Flat Top Box
  • The Ballad of Ira Hayes

Roy Orbison Pack 01 800 MSP ($9.99) 520 MSP ($6.49)

• Claudette
  • In Dreams
  • Mean Woman Blues
  • Oh, Pretty Woman
  • Ooby Dooby
  • You Got It

[Thanks for the heads up, Josh CCR!]

49 Responses to “Xbox 360 AND PS3 DLC Sale: Cash, Orbison, Country Packs”

• RedIon1992 says:

Actually, since these aren’t listed as being Gold-exclusive prices, I have to assume that these prices are available to ALL 360 users, not just Gold members.

• SebastianSB says:

8 Cash songs for $9.00? <3

• QuestionMark says:

Yeah, this makes me wish I hadn’t finally bought the Cash pack just a few weeks ago…Oh well, it’s a great quality pack. I highly recommend picking it up, even if you aren’t a big country fan (it’s Johnny Cash, c’mon). The songs are varied, and it’s officially the oldest music represented in RB (the only 1950s stuff available, afaik).

I’m not a big enough country fan to own the other packs, but I’ve cherry-picked here and there, so they probably aren’t a huge value to me.

I’d also highly recommend the alt-country pack. Lucinda Williams being available as DLC was one of the things that originally enticed me to go with RB instead of the GH platform when I first bought a band kit. Old 97’s “Time Bomb” is great on drums (though challenging – still can’t quite pass it myself).

• T says:

Ah, it’s not “all” of the country packs. Just the 4 packs that made up the first Country Track Pack.

I’m bummed that Going Country Pack 04 isn’t discounted, as that’s the one that has a few songs I want but not a ton…but a discount would be an instant sale instead of cherry picking.

• RockBandAide says:

Oops. Overlooked “Going Country 04.”

• MaximusDM says:

Same, most of the country pack songs are included with the track pack. Which I picked up for $10 new at gamestop. You’ll need it new too if you plan on exporting the songs unless you get lucky and come across a unredeemed code.

There are 2 songs that I don’t think are included
      Old 97′s – Time Bomb (Live)
      Neko Case – People Got a Lotta Nerve

But if you have the other 3 from the pack, its still cheaper to just buy them separate.

Definitely glad I didn’t bite at Johnny Cash. But now its a no brainer.

• Dustinator says:

Oh my gosh….been holding out on the Cash pack for months. Soooo glad I waited. Buying that the moment I get home. Is it sad that that I have all the other tracks? :)

• Croq says:

I already have all of these. Glad to see them being offered at a discount too, maybe more people will grab them now!

• Toad3000 says:

Damn. If this sale came to the PS3, I’d finally pick up the Roy Orbison pack.

• Doom-878 says:

Sin Wagon and Gunpowder and Lead are fun guitar songs that I recommend. Sin Wagon is just a fun but challenging song overall. Def worth it

• DVD Smith says:

Damn it, the one week I’m on vacation. Anyone know how long these things usually last for?

• smacd says:

Sweet. wasn’t planning to pick up all the Cash songs, but I just might- assuming that I’ve got funds for some points.

• javier says:

and ps3? =(

• kyle says:

Of course, not Going Country 04, the one I want…

• Nathan Major says:

Just so you know, Dance Central DLC is also the Gold Deal of the Week on Xbox.
    Grabbing Johnny Cash for sure!

• KEWB says:

This makes the Cash and Orbison packs worth it for me. Out of everything else I have the few songs that I want.

• Nimmy says:

I’m not a big country fan, but I might try a pack. In your opinion, which pack is the better one ? (Note that I don’t have enough MS points for the Cash pack)

• QuestionMark says:

I love the alt-country pack, but then, a lot of country fans wouldn’t consider it real country at all.

Otherwise, I really only dig one or two songs in the regular country packs. What was I Thinkin’ is a winner, though n

• Aw says:

Get the alt-country pack. All of the songs are great to listen to and a blast to play. Well… with the exception of the Steve Earle song, which is really repetitive and sort of dull.

But “People Got a Lot of Nerve”, “Can’t Let Go”, and “Time Bomb” are all fantastic.

• Whizzer says:

If you want a fun song, the first one has it: ‘Sin Wagon’. Only country song I like, because it’s up-tempo and fun to listen to.

• Kirksplosion says:

Can we get the PS3 prices on there as well? I sure as heck don’t know how to convert this funny money into real dollars.

• The Witticus says:

I wonder if all these country track packs (plus Roy) are hinting toward the Country Track Pack Volume 2 songs being released next week?

• Dustinator says:

Maybe. We had Avenged Sevenfold tracks discounted not too long ago and the next week……..we got new Avenged Sevenfold tracks. I wouldn’t get my hopes up however.

Course, it’d be cool if your prediction was spot on. If so, HMX needs to release a few singles to appease the people who hate country and gripe that there is no variety(even though we got tons of singles this week)

• Aw says:

Well shucks, I just bought the Roy Orbison pack a couple of weeks ago at full price for my girlfriend. Damn you, personal inability to wait for unforeseen price drops!

• QuestionMark says:

I know, right? If I could only foresee the damn things I would be RICH…in DLC.

I’ve been putting off getting London Calling, since it’ll burn an entire 1600 points card. Now I’m thinking maybe I should hold out…it seems ideal for a future sale.

• Croq says:

Might happen, but given that it’s already at a price point of $1.11 a song, not sure they’d discount it much further. Fantastic album, I had not heard too many of them before, but great songs through and through.

• QuestionMark says:

Oh, for what it’s worth, I think Johnny Cash may be the first RB3-only DLC to go on sale.

• The Void says:

I’m thinking this may not be a discount but a permanent price drop because looking at them on xbox.com it states the price and doesn’t mention that it’s a sale and if you look at the release date they all say today and they shouldn’t change the release date if it was just a sale. I’d be very happy if they stated dropping the price on old DLC but I could be totally off on this also.

• Croq says:

My guess is that they lowered the price like this on the 360 to allow non-360 members to participate. And others have posted that the PS3 is indicating a 1-week price drop. So for anyone wavering, I’d suggest you get these while they’re cheap.

Though as someone said, they got Country Track Pack vol. 1 for $10. If you could get that same price, you’d be out $10 plus the cost of 2 more songs from the alt-country pack to get the same content as Alt-Country, and Going Country 1, 2, and 3.

• Croq says:

I meant “non-Gold members” not “non-360 members”. Sorry about that.

• The Void says:

Possibly but they have done other none deal of the week sales that allowed silver members to take advantage of the discounts and not done this but I guess we will see.

• Whizzer says:

Unless you don’t live in the US. Please think of Europeans and Australians/New Zealanders, and all others who also play Rock Band.

• Croq says:

Okay, so this is available in the US only. That was not mentioned in the original post talking about the deal either.

My second point is still valid regardless of where you live. If you can find a good deal on the Country Track Pack volume 1, you may be able to do better than these sale prices (or obviously save even more over the non-sale prices).

Purchasing all four packs would cost someone living outside the US 3040 points ($38.00 US). This week, US residents can get the same packs for 2000 points ($25.00 US). I have no idea how the points translate outside the US to currency, but for US customers, if you could find the first Country Track Pack for under $21.00 US, then you could still spend the 320 points for the missing two songs and have all of the tracks in those four packs and be out less money.

When it’s not on sale, you could save money over the four packs if you could find it for under $34.00 US (which I would think should be pretty easy to do).

This all of course assumes I did my math right.

• Whizzer says:

The Xbox360 price cuts are always worldwide, fortunately. And indeed, it’s possible to ship the track pack from the US, or get someone in the US to buy it and mail the code.

Plenty of people I know personally would be uncomfortable with such options (and they don’t play Rock Band, that’s irrelevant).

Your math is probably fine and at this time, the Euro to US Dollar conversion rate is very much in Europe’s favor, which means MS points can be had for very little money over eBay, if willing to take a small risk. I’ve had good experience doing so, which may make these sales even cheaper than shipping the track pack across the Atlantic.

For PS3 folks, it’s indeed a different story. I imagine cherry pickers would want individual songs discounted. DLC incompatibility means importing is not an option, if I’m correct, for those with a PAL copy of Rock Band and corresponding DLC library. I’ve never seen the point in region locks. At the right price, importing is never interesting and voids the reasons to put such locks in place. Win-win situation, but of course those in charge have their doubts and are narrowminded and old fashioned, as the cliché goes.

• Croq says:

So, you can’t buy the track pack itself in your country then? That would make it more difficult to be sure.

I would be happy to purchase a copy here (assuming I/we can find a good price) and email you the code. We could work it out via Paypal. If you’re on DLCQuickplay, we could handle the communications there so as not to bother the folks here at RBA.

• NV_Mathemagician says:

Too bad I have all these.

• One_Man_Band says:

This deal is also available on the PAL PlayStation Store also …. from my recollection this is the first time rock band discounts have been available on the PAL network also.